The Miami International Art Fair – MIA – returns to Downtown Miami at Bayfront Park, for its 4th edition on January 17th – 21st. Gathering an international collection of galleries from as far as Beijing, Buenos Aires, Moscow, Paris, London to New York, the fair will present a dynamic display of some of the 21st century’s most promising established and emerging artists.
Cutting edge artwork in a broad scope of focuses will be available to collectors to peruse, including painting, mixed media, photography, sculpture, digital, electronic, performance art, works on paper, functional design and studio jewelry design.
Special exhibitions and “project rooms” will be highlighted, including:
- An interactive installation from French “light painter,” photographer Jadikan LP presented by Art Vitam (Paris + Miami).
- A special exhibition of light works from Stephen Knapp, presented by Setford & Bridges (Paris + New York); Stephen Knapp has an exhibition opening at the Lowe Art Museum on January 25th.
- Fernando Luis Alvarez Gallery (Stamford) will introduce the internationally renowned and award winning furniture designer and artist Paco Camus of Madrid, Spain.
- Cuban born, Miami based artist Carlos Estevez will present a special exhibition of his works and a coinciding lecture, “Across the Universe” sharing his artistic practices and discussing the future of emerging 21st century art.
- A special exhibition of Miami’s most promising young artists, curated by the University of Miami Art Department
For more information on exhibitors and a full schedule of events please visit www.mia-artfair.com.